Do you or a loved one suffer from dental fear and anxiety? Try sedation dentistry in Bladenboro, NC. At Bladensboro Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we want all of our patients to feel comfortable and relaxed when they visit our office. Sedation dentistry is a general dental solution that helps relax anxious patients who may also have a fear of loud noises or medical instruments. Our friendly dental team works with patients to find the best accommodations for their particular needs. Please contact us before your next appointment so we can confirm your needs and address your concerns.
What Does Sedation Do?
- Offers pain-free dental care
- Alleviates stress
- Treat dental fear and anxiety
- Allows our dentists to work efficiently
- Reduces the gag reflex
Under dental sedation, patients do not feel any pain. We are with our patients throughout their treatment and are always there to monitor their health and make sure they are safe.
Types of Dental Sedation
We offer multiple types of sedation dentistry to keep patients relaxed and comfortable:
- IV sedation: Administered directly into the bloodstream, IV sedation takes effect slowly and requires some time to wear off. Because of this, we recommend that you have someone to drive you to and from your appointment. IV sedation causes deep relaxation and drowsiness.
- Oral Conscious Sedation: Oral conscious dental sedation allows patients to be conscious during their treatment. However, they will have no memory of their treatment. This type of sedation is administered about an hour before treatment in pill form.
- Nitrous Oxide: Nitrous oxide, or “laughing gas”, is delivered through a mask or cannula placed over the nose. Although nitrous oxide may not put you to sleep, it will cause deep relaxation. This sedation takes effect quickly and wears off quickly. Because of this, patients are allowed to drive themselves to and from their appointment.
Contact Our Office Today
Receive pain-free and comfortable dental treatment with dental sedation. Request a dental consultation at Bladenboro Family and Cosmetic Dentistry online. You may also call our office at 910-469-4592. Our team looks forward to seeing you at your next visit.